Question : Wireless connection VERY GOOD but still no internet....

I just got a new computer that is having trouble connecting to the wireless network, but has no problem when I use the ethernet cable. The wireless card has a VERY GOOD connection to the Access Point and my other computers have no problem connecting through the wireless. For some reason even though my connection is VERY GOOD and the WEP key works and everything I CANT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET! Its driving me crazy. I tried to refresh/renew but no dice. When i go to "repair" the connection the following error occurs "failed to renew ip address". Please help

Answer : Wireless connection VERY GOOD but still no internet....

can you tell us what you get for an ip address when you do an ipconfig /all
from the command line  (start-->run-->cmd )

if its a 69 address then (I am assuming you are using a router between your internet and your network) you aren't receiving a DHCP address, now whether that is because your encryption levels are right, or some other reason, I don't know.  

First step should be to turn off all encryption on the WAP (wireless router), then configure your client and try to connect, if that works, you have made an error putting in your encryption settings on either the WAP or your client.  Either that or your Client software and the WAP don't want to talk nice to each other (not much you can do if that is the case besides buying either a different WAP or different Wirless NIC)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us