Question : pptp vpn appliance solution

hi i have multiple sites that i manage remote access on.  these are small networks (10 to 30 stations) and they usually have a few remote users connecting in from remote hot spots.  i chose the snapgear vpn appliance.

http://www.cyberguard.com/snapgear/SG300.html

it seems to work great, and since it is a pptp server, clients can connect in without any special software or hardware.  my question is this, this is the only device i could find like this, is there any more devices like this? im not looking at installing a dedicated server to handel the incoming connections, and the users just connect to it, then use terminal server to do there thing.

Thanks -dp

Answer : pptp vpn appliance solution

I have a similar setup myself and use sonicwall firewalls in each location, all sites are vpn'd with sonics and people use the very simple vpn client for remote access from any internet connection, along with the high encryption levels and secure tunneling you also have the option of standard password access and radius autentication. I have used for over 2 years with out fault. I use the pro300 which are superceeded by pro 3060. These appliances arent the cheapest, but most reliable and easiest i have worked with. www.sonicwall.com

there is quite some more features with these units too many to go through here, check out the site.

hope this helps
xterm69
ps i dont work for sonic honest !!!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us