Question : Cisco 760 ISDN Router Configuration

I have just set up my Cisco 760 and it connects to my ISP on both channels when I call in.  The problem is that my computer then does not ping out.  I have set the routers ip to 192.168.0.1 and my machines IP to 192.168.0.2.  I set the gateway to 192.168.0.1 and I assigned the primary and secondary dns to what my isp provided me. Also, I set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

I have "set def" on the router and tried the configuration multiple times with the same result.  I have my router connected to my computer with the serial cable AND an ethernet cable.  The lights on the router are lit in this order: Ready,  NT1, Line, LAN, CH1, CH2.  The transmit and receive lights blink for the LAN and both channels, but nothing is being sent or recieved as far as I can tell.

One other little note, is that although I set my routers IP to 192.168.0.1, I cannot telnet into the router from my machine.  I have to connect to it using hyperterminal through COM1.  If I "set def" the IP gets reset to 169.254.111.79 (factory default I guess) and then I can telnet to it.

Here is the script I have entered to get my router to connect to my ISP after I run a "set def".  I've denoted all data that is "Dummy" in <>'s, otherwise everything you see is exactly what I typed:

set systemname
set switch ni-1
set 1 spid <12312345670101>
set 2 spid <12312345680101>
set 1 directorynumber=<1231234567>
set 2 directorynumber=<1231234567>
set system
set password system

cd lan
set ip address 192.168.0.1
set ip netmask 255.255.255.0
set ip routing on

cd
set user
set ppp password client

set bridging off
set ip pat on
set ip routing on
set ip rip update off
set ip route destination 0.0.0.0/0 gateway 0.0.0.0
set number <1231231234>
set ppp address negotiation local on
set ppp authentication outgoing none
set timeout 300
set active

cd
demand 1 threshold=0 duration=1 source=both
demand 2 threshold=50 duration=10 source=both

Please help.  I have been working on this for what seems to be forever.  My ISP refuese to help me because they say they cannot support this router because they don't have a contract or license to support it (even though there staff is who told me what router to buy in the first place).

I am new to Experts-Exchange, and therefore have very limited points, but I will give them all for this answer.

Thank you all in advance,

Keith L. Miller

Answer : Cisco 760 ISDN Router Configuration

cfdaddy.......please spare a moment and come back here to Experts-Exchange. We'd like to know if our answers helped you or not. If some answer helped you, please accept that answer as correct in order to reward the expert with that points and close the question. Also, if it's not too difficult, please make a brief of problem and solution. That will help others solve similar problems just doing a google search. If the problem wasn't solved please come back with questions or test results, and we'll try to figure it out.

be well
Kronos
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us