Question : Accessing a network behind a Watchguard X700 Firebox firewall using VNC

I have seen various posts on this but they are for different firebox and the directions don't work with the software we are using (Watchguard System Manager version 8)

We want to be able to use VNC enterprise edition to access one, possibly more, PCs on our network.

As I understand it, this involves setting up packet forwarding within the NAT configuration

If anyone knows how to do this, please let us know :-)

Thanks

Answer : Accessing a network behind a Watchguard X700 Firebox firewall using VNC

When I have worked on the fireboxes, You have to have the interfaces in transparent mode to be able to setup public IP's behind the firewall, or routing for those IP's...  That said, when I have worked on them, you either have to setup the entire firewall (ie both internal interfaces) in transparent mode, I don't think you can setup one or the other.

I suspect the most likely problem is the source port setting on the rules you are creating...  When you configure a rule, you have to set options for source and destination IP, and source and destination port.  Many people miss the destination port setting.  I usually set the source port to "Ignore".  Give that  a shot and let me know what you find.

regards,
c
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us