Question : Router Expert Needed:

Xbox 360 live is notorious for having problems with routers of any type, but I refuse to believe there is not an answer to had.

I tried the following.  Placed Xbox on a DMZ , static assigned IP Address.  The Xbox reports back still though that the " Router NAT protocols are strict or moderate and this may prevent connections to some users:

Here is the scenario of specific error.   Call of duty 3 is started and me as an xbox live account tries to join an ongoing game:

The following error returns :  "Could not connect to All players"   OR  sometimes.  "Could not connect to host of game"  , hence the person that started the match or whatever.

I cannot help but feel that as many people as there out there playing on xbox live that there is a solution to this router dilemma such that we can place the xbox static IP out ,on a separate limb so to speak,  from the router itself.

Bypassing the router is really not an option for several reasons.  I am only interested in solutions to the problem as I have specified.

I am willing to buy another model of router but have a Linksys WRT54GX ver 2.0

Lets see how smart someone is

Answer : Router Expert Needed:

Check these ports as well. Open them from your router and forward them to your xbox.
•      UDP 88
•      UDP 3074
•      TCP 3074
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874/en-us?sd=xbox
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us