Question : Event ID: 5773 is showing once a day in the system error log.  I can't figure out how to make it stop.

I am getting the following in the error log.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The following DNS server that is authoritative for the DNS domain controller locator records of this domain controller does not support dynamic DNS updates:  

DNS server IP address: 65.254.254.100
Returned Response Code (RCODE): 4
Returned Status Code: 9004  

USER ACTION  
Configure the DNS server to allow dynamic DNS updates or manually add the DNS records from the file '%SystemRoot%\System32\Config\Netlogon.dns' to the DNS database.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have been working on this issue for several days.  I have run netdiag and dcdiag and only this erro message:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DNS test . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Failed
    [WARNING] The DNS entries for this DC are not registered correctly on DNS server '192.168.254.4'. Please wait for 30 minutes for DNS server replication.
    [WARNING] The DNS entries for this DC are not registered correctly on DNS server '192.168.254.3'. Please wait for 30 minutes for DNS server replication.
    [FATAL] No DNS servers have the DNS records for this DC registered.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm not sure if the two are related.  I've stopped and started netlogn and deleted those DNS databases and still get the initial error.  That .100 ip address is somewhere but I can't find it.  I've searched the registry as well with no luck.  One more thing is that I'm getting this on both my primary and secondary DNS/DC WIN 2003 servers.  I know it's hidden in the AD Schema but I just don't know who to dig it out.
I think at one point this IP was used as one of the primary DNS servers which used to our ISP.  We've changed all that and now are doing it internally.

Thanks for the help,
David

Answer : Event ID: 5773 is showing once a day in the system error log.  I can't figure out how to make it stop.

This error may occurs when no dynamic update enabled DNS server is available. Fix: Enter data from netlogon.dns once into the DNS config then disable dynamic updates.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=5773&eventno=16&source=DNS&phase=1
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us