Question : Error reading socket, ret=10054, errno=2. (778)

Hi there.

I'm getting an error on our financial system, running on Windows XP:

Error reading socket, ret=10054, errno=2. (778)

The access to the database is through 100mbit optic fiber, so I suppose its not a network issue, although I have a pfSense box configured in front of it for firewalling. I've checked a dozen times and haven't seen anything wrong with the configurations.

The issue usually happens with just a few people. The program just crashes with that message. No network outage detected during the crash, only a small change from <1ms latency to 20ms latency. Other people using the same system but for other pourposes don't get the error.

The timing of the error is completely random. While in activity or idle, doesn't matter.

Any idea on what could be causing this error? Searching on the web, I've found that it could possibly be a faulty hardware or cable problem. If it was a faulty hardware, probably more people (connected to the same switch) would have the same problem, right? About cable, I'll try changing the network cables for those with the errors.

Any enlightment on this? This problem has been bothering me for two weeks now.

Thanks in advance.

Answer : Error reading socket, ret=10054, errno=2. (778)

I'm closing the topic! Found out with some coleagues that Kasperski antivirus, with his NDIS interface, was cutting the connection due to the high amount of data sent to one port, from the system.

Thanks anyway!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us