Question : 1 of 5 workgroup computers cannot access workgroup. Earlier solutions have not worked.

I have 5 Win XP Pro SP2 computers networked via a router and connected to the Internet via a cable modem. Some are connected wireless, others thru cable.  All was working fine until a few days ago when I replaced the Linksys router with a Netgear extended range router. Now computer A can't access the workgroup (WORKGROUP is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.Contact the administrator
of this server to find out if you have access permissions). However computer A can ping all the other computers both by name and IP address. All the other computers can transfer files back and forth between themselves and Computer A which they all can see. Computer A can access a SQL Server on one of the other computers via an ODBC connection. I have shut off all security (Windows Firewall, Norton Systemworks/AntiVirus) and tried just about all the other solutions offered in this well-trodden thread, but still haven't made any progress. Begging for other ideas.

Answer : 1 of 5 workgroup computers cannot access workgroup. Earlier solutions have not worked.

Well, Norton Systemworks, even if you turn it off, can result in connection problems..   I never recommend it for my private clients...  If they want Norton, I tell them to only purchase the AV solution, and NOT the 'works' edition...  Try uninstalling it and see what happens..

FE
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us