Question : Simulate an external ping/access (how to)

Hi.

Does anyone know how can I simulate an external access to my external adapter. I don't want to do this from inside my network rather to simulate a real outside access to my network. However, I do have a single internet access ... If I had two separate internet access than it would be obvious....

For example, I'd like to be able to test my webserver as an external user, or for testing a ftp site, etc... In some cases/configurations (like mine - I'm using ISA server) doing this from inside isn't the right way ... (won't explain here why)...

Are there any free internet servers that allow this ?

I hope I was clear enough with this question.
Thank you in advance.

Answer : Simulate an external ping/access (how to)

To simulate and test an outside connection, you need an outside connection.  We do it here at my work by purchasing a little DSL line from Bellsouth that is in no way connected to, or even provided by, our regular Internet connection.  We also use dial-dial up Internet access to different providers.  Once we establish a connection with the Internet, off our internal network, we're able to use that connection and come into our Internet connection and test our web servers, etc.

>>Are there any free internet servers that allow this ?  - No, not that I'm aware of.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us