Question : Two IPs, Dual NICs - Is there a way to specify which IP any given application will use?

I have a WinXP Pro machine (with SP2) that has two IP addresses, one internal, one external, on separate NICs. I have a variety of applications that use one or the other. Is there an easy way to specify which IP address any given application will use? I realize I can change the bind order, but is there a way to do this with more control, so that I could specify that Program X uses interface A, and Program Y uses interface B, then perhaps switch them later? Maybe some sort of utility can do this?

Answer : Two IPs, Dual NICs - Is there a way to specify which IP any given application will use?

You might be able to use a personal firewall to control the port availability of each application on a given interface..
Basically determine what ports your apps use.. (Network Monitor etc..) then block those ports on the other adapter..
You may have to configure static port mappings for your applications if they tend to use high ports..
That's the basics of a DMZ.. And is a common solution to your dilema..
..and is likely the only way to get that scenario working with applications that weren't designed as "network aware" applications and simply pass to the network redirector.  

NOTE: Certain applications have binding orders in their registry configurations.. you could check your apps, but it's probably more work than the DMZ approach..
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us