Question : I cannot see all domain computers under "My network places" in Windows 2008.

I have  Windows 2008 64-bit environment with a couple of Windows 2003 32-bit servers. All workstations are Windows XP. I have been experiencing DNS issues and I believe my DNS servers are not synchronizing correctly. The corporate office has one DNS\DC and each remote office has a local DNS\DC. The corporate one can go to all websites. The local offices sometimes cannot go to specific websites with country codes at the end. (This usually points to root-hints problem)I have checked the "cache.dns" file in windows/system32/dns and it is the same for all (It was not like this before but I copied it from corporate Domain controller/DNS) Windows firewall is turned off in all DC\DNS. I also cannot see all my computers under "My network places" When the branch offices cannot open the websites I have to restart the DNS service to make it work.

Answer : I cannot see all domain computers under "My network places" in Windows 2008.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us