Question : Installing a wireless network at home

Hey y'all.  I'm here in Italy and while it took me a while just to get an ADSL connection, I know have the following problem.  We only have one telephone plug at the condominium where we live and, it being a condominium, I'm not permitted to begin drilling holes and running cables.  The wall where the telephone plug is is smack in the middle of the living room, so just putting the comupter there would be against my wife's wishes.  My question is, what would be the best way to install a wirelss network, so I can use the telephone connection in the living room for the computer in my study?  I'm torn between Ethernet or wireless...

Thanks as usual

Sean

Answer : Installing a wireless network at home

>>At the current time, i only have one computer that i need connected..however, in the future i might add a computer for my daughters, so would it be better for me to get a router at the beginning.

The wireless router would only be needed if you were to hardwire the second computer to it via an ethernet cable. Otherwise you just add another wireless pci or usb dongle to the new computer.

But, Scooter is right, routers are usually less expensive and if you move and can have the router in your computer room, you can hardwire to it if you want or add an IP phone or a network printer etc....plus still have wireless connections around the rest of the house.

So in my humble opinion  a wireless G router would be the best bet.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us