Question : Playing music and videos from my laptop wirelessly to my hd tv or stero

Hi there, Is there any way for me to play music or videos from laptop which is in my room to a hd tv or stereo system in the living room without having to move the laptop to the other location? Is there some way to do it wirelessly...is there any special gadget that isnt too expensive to do this?

e.g if i am playing a dvd on my laptop can i get it to show on an hdtv or will i have to physically connect it to the tv?

Answer : Playing music and videos from my laptop wirelessly to my hd tv or stero

Most of the "gadgets" that would do this aren't cheap. At least not the ones I'm thinking of off the top of my head. Example, I have a Playstation 3 that will play my shared Windows Media Player 11 library from my desktop PC across the room. Xbox 360 will do the same thing (I think).

For just music, if you use iTunes, you could get an Airport Express to stream audio (only) to a stereo over the wireless network.

I don't know about playing a DVD on a laptop wirelessly to another device though. I can't think of any way to do that one.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us