Question : Server cannot see workstations in My Network places

I have a Win2K server with AD setup and all XP workstations. The workstations can see each other in My Network Places but cannot see the server, nor can the server see the workstations. Workstations can logon to server and access all shares and there are no logon errors in event viewer on server. infact there are no errors of any kind in event viewer on server. All are on the same subnet and have static IP's, (192.168.0.X). Any Suggestions?

Answer : Server cannot see workstations in My Network places

I am hoping that this thread is still open for two reasons, 1) the reasoning behind some of the answers offered here is baffling...but I'm not going into that right now...2) I have a similar problem and i have read other threads that suggest other solutions...i do however want to ask:

Comment from joeblank
Date: 03/18/2004 02:10PM GMT
 Comment  

Are your workstations listed in your reverse lookup zone?  Try adding and see if this makes a difference.

Why would a reverse lookup resolve a problem that a fully configured, working forward lookup zone wouldn't?
Just curious because I'm still trying to resolve this problem...any devices in my network with static IP cannot see workstations using DHCP and vice-versa, in network places.

In closing...donaldv9 if all your machines have static IP addresses and u still cannot see server/workstation in network places then I am forced to conclude that it is a (Microsoft) flaw because that is the only sure fire way to ensure communications
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us