Question : Roaming profiles - Favourites

Hi guys,

currently within our company, we have roaming profiles set up, and each individual user has their own home drive stored on a 3Tb NAS server. The way we currently have it set up is, that the users mapped home drive is also their My Documents folder, so whatever appears in My Docs is actually stored on the NAS, and this follows the users around to whichever computer they log on to. One problem from a lot of users is getting their "favourites" to follow them too, but i wouldn't know where to start! I would like this to be stored on the NAS too, so that they get backed up.

Anyone have any ideas about where to start?

Thanks, Gavin

Answer : Roaming profiles - Favourites

It sounds like it's local profiles which means the favourites are only stored on one machine, the one the user created each individual favourite on. If you implement roaming profiles, they will be stored on the server, or you can use the scripting and other links mentioned above.

Personally I would rather use roaming profiles because it's something Microsoft created themself so should work, whereas scripting it or creating custom adm files for group policy can cause problems.

-tm
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us