Question : Sporadic Delivery after change in MX records

Hello!

My organization has just changed our MX records to deploy MS Exchange Server 2007.  We host our website and have our domain name registered through hostmysite.com, and I have added an A (host) record for "mail61728.mycompany.com", pointing to our Exchange server's IP address, and set the MX record to point to "mail61728.mycompany.com.", I have left the old A (host) record for "mail.mycompany.com." in place to catch any mail sent before the new DNS settings fully take effect.

I noticed that there is an "@" A (host) record in place, aside from the MX record, which is pointing to the web server's IP address.  This is in addition to the "*" A (host) record and the "www" CNAME record.  Should this record be changed to point to our Exchange mail server as well?

My concern is that, even though we are only 48 of the 72 hours through the process, I am still seeing sporadic delivery of mail to the new server sent from my external Gmail account.  Sometimes mail to [email protected] goes to the Exchange server, sometimes it goes to the old server.  I would think that once Gmail saw my new settings and started delivering to the new Exchange server, that it would always do so from then on out.  Should mail delivery be sporadic like this from *one* mail carrier, like Gmail, in this case?

I've never done anything like this, and I'm the kind that worries easily.  I want to make sure things are being done right.

At present, the following DNS records are in effect for my domain:

*                    A (Host)                   *web server's IP*
     @                   A (Host)                   *web server's IP*
     mail61728      A (Host)                   *Exchange server's IP*         (receives mail sporadically from my
                                                                                                          Gmail account)
     mail                CNAME (Alias)          mail13.safesecureweb.com.   (still receiving mail sporadically from
                                                                                                           my Gmail account)
     www              CNAME (Alias)          mycompany.com.
     @                   MX (Mail)                  mail61728.mycompany.com.
                             Priority (10)

I greatly appreciate your assistance!

Answer : Sporadic Delivery after change in MX records

sorry typo .....
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
     *                  A 		  *web server's IP*
     @                  A 		  *web server's IP*
     www                A 		  *web server's IP*

mail61728          A               *Exchange server's IP*       
     mail               A               mail61728.mycompany.com.   

mycompany.com.     IN MX 10        mail61728.mycompany.com.
     mycompany.com.	     IN MX 20        mail13.safesecureweb.com.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us