Question : DNS entries for 2 different domains

Hi I have setup a sharepoint site called parentsintranet.sale.com on an internal network called sale.com.
The server has dual network cards one for the ip range 10.15.x.x and one for the ip range of 10.10.x.x.
Now I have another network called sgsadmin.com which is on the 10.10.x.x network. I need to access the parentsintranet.sale.com on this network also but cannot access the site or ping the site name.
The sgsadmin domain has its own Domain controller and its own DNS server. How can I put an entry into the sgsadmin DNS server to point requests to the sharepoint server on the 10.15.x.x network.

Answer : DNS entries for 2 different domains

Can systems on the sgsadmin ping the IP Address for parentsintranet.sale.com?

If so, all we need to do is fix Name Resolution. You have a few choices there, all of them must be done from the DNS servers for the sgsadmin.com domain:

1. Add a Conditional Forwarder directing queries for parentsintranet.sale.com to the appropriate server.
2. Add a Secondary Zone for sale.com and transfer the data from the servers responsible for that domain.
3. Add a Primary Zone called parentsintranet.sale.com, add a Host (A) Record with a blank name pointing to the IP for the server.

I hope that makes some kind of sense to you!

Chris
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us