Question : Node type = Broadcast = Trojan?

on a Win ME machine using dial up and NOT networked, I can not connect to the internet.  using dos-prompt I run ipconfig /all and get that the dns number is filled in and the 'node type' is listed as 'broadcast'.  this looks fishy to me since he is NOT networked to anyone.  I have removed the hard DNS numbers and have it auto attaining, still the dns is listing when ipconfig is pulled.  WHAT SHOULD THE NODE TYPE BE?

Answer : Node type = Broadcast = Trojan?

I'm not sure why your Host Name is changing that should never change from what you have set it to. You may want to check for any malicious software on your PC - Antivirus and Spyway removal for those. That is always set locally rather than by any external connection.

What is the host name being set to?

You need DNS servers in order for your connection to the internet to work. You wouldn't ever find this site if you didn't have them as they're responsible for turning all those domain names into the IP Addresses the computer prefers. It's quite likely your ISP has gone from requiring you to set them manually to being able to set them automatically - either way, you should definately have them listed in ipconfig /all.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us