Question : Problem with "Standard Modem over bluetooth link" OS: Windows XP SP2

I am trying to access internt from my desktop by using GPRS connection on my mobile phone. using bluetooth adapter i am able to establish the connection between mobile phone and desktop and it installed the driver "stadnard Modem over bluetooth link"
       I am able to see this installed modem under "Modems" in device manager. There it's showing that this modem was connected to COM4 port. I tried to "query modem" by clicking it on "diagnostics" tab.. But it reported an error
"The port that the modem is using is currently open by another application.Exit any application that may currently be using the port." but i can't find out what the other application that using this port..How to resolve this?

and one more problem is i am trying to create a network connection using this modem..I entered the username and password and finished the process..No it shows a new connection under "Network Connections" in control panel.. saying that the Modem was disconnected. "Modem Removed..Unavilable device (COM1)".. But my modem was connected to COM4 but it's establishing connection connection with COM1..How can i say to establish connection using COM4..

If u need any more information..i can provide

Thanx in advance..

Answer : Problem with "Standard Modem over bluetooth link" OS: Windows XP SP2

XP SP2 does work work for certain things, but other functions don't work.

My Belkin BT worked OK connecting to a BT access point with the XP driver but would not connect with my Sat Nav (serial connection like a modem) unless I use the Belkin driver.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us